Effective coping strategies are key to building resilience in the chaotic world we witness around us.
Coping strategies are specific psychological and behavioural processes that people develop and use to overcome, endure, and minimise periods of stress.
They are a fundamental requirement for us as individuals, but they can also optimise productivity in the workforce and, ultimately, business profitability.
Having strong coping strategies enables our brain to achieve peak performance. Whether that is adapting to the present ever-changing situations or intensely focusing on one task without being overwhelmed by stress and the pressures of everyday life.
Robust coping skills place us in a better position to:
• Evaluate situations accurately
• Identify potential opportunities
• Make easy, clear, confident decisions
• Use both personal and employee skills to maximum effect
The ability to use our mind to think freely without clutter and stagnation also helps us access its full potential – accessing Gamma brain waves to process and organise information, actively engaging in solving a problem. Accessing Theta brain waves to think imaginatively, findings insight and solutions.
Representation of consciousness from the 17th century.
On a personal level, coping well is often about striking a healthy balance between work life, social life, family life, relaxation, and self care. Whatever a personal coping strategy may include depends on individual preference, but here are a few examples:
Having time to yourself; Engaging in physical activity or exercise; Reading; Spending time with friends; Finding humor; Spending time on your hobbies; Engaging in spirituality; Getting a good night’s sleep; Eating healthily.
Building Business Resilience
Below are the key elements of building personal resilience applied to a business model;
• Find ways to manage your stress and build strategies for employees/teams to relieve stress on a regular basis
• Build up your business confidence, shout about your strengths and achievements
• Highlight compliments when they are given to you, your workforce or business
• Make time for your employees /team
• Give support to others when needed and accept support from others when you need it
• Create and stick to a realistic budget
• Connect with your business community. Build and extend a wide support network
• Share your burdens with others, especially those who have been through similar experiences
• Identify and address your workplace’s shifting moods and morale
• Learn how to be at peace with yourself and your business. Understand and accept your limitations and establish your boundaries
Pansensic makes sense of employee experiences.
Enabling you and your business to better understand the needs of your workforce – uncovering insights, helping your business create a strong working culture and robust workplace coping strategy.